Stowmarket Town FC is looking for a Chairman to lead the club, oversee committee members, and ensure a safe and friendly environment for players and supporters. The role involves chairing meetings, developing the club, and meeting with sponsors for development. The ideal candidate should possess good business skills, leadership qualities, and the ability to manage people and processes in a professional manner. For more information, click below to read the full job specs
- Club Committee
- Club Committee Members
- General Committee Members
- Oversight of Stowmarket Town FC
Role and Responsibilities:
- Chair the Committee meetings and AGM
- Uphold the Club constitution and Codes of Practice
- Ensure that the Club provides a safe and friendly environment for players, supporters and visitors
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to steer the Club forward
- Work with all Club officials to provide information on the running of the club
- Be a good role model for all and teach good habits
- Encourage continued development of all members/officials
- Provide information, instruction and feed back to all members in a constructive manner.
- Develop the Club and position the Club to achieve its goals and objectives.
What sort of tasks are involved:
- Review and update of strategic action plans
- Club development and assessment
- Assist with any special projects needed to progress the Club
- Chair committee meetings
- Support the Club’s development projects
- Meet with Club sponsors and strategic partners for Club development
- Chair the AGM and complete an end of season report to the AGM
- Help organise and host Presentation Nights
- Support Club social/fund raising events
What else can you tell me about the role:
The role is a very important one as the Chairperson is the figure head of the organisation, someone who inspires and leads from the front. This position is for someone who has good business skills and can manage people, processes and deal with Club stakeholders in a professional manner.
GET IN CONTACT
If you are interested in this position or have any further questions, fill out the form below.