Stowmarket Community Sports & Social Club CIC was formed in 2009 with the aim to create a community club, driven by football, that builds better facilities for the good of Stowmarket.
Our mission statement focuses on five key principles:
- Trust and Respect
- Integrity and Fair Play
The CIC’s aim is to bring the community to Greens Meadow. To achieve this, our three main objectives are to:
- Improve the clubhouse facilities
- Improve the performances on the pitch
- Change the age demographic of the club to rejuvenate local interest
Step 1 – We have invested over £5,000 on the indoor facilities (flooring, ceilings, paint, carpets, ramps for the disabled, doorways and toilets).
Step 2 – We have invested over £30,000 on pitch development in the last six years (drainage, better players, results improved, supporter momentum, youth using the main pitch)
Step 3 – Training area for grassroots football
Step 4 – Meet and train with the first team, club shirts for kids and free entry to games
Circle of Investment
- Better facilities will encourage further attendance to our matchday gates
- We will be able to showcase our facilities to more of the community
- We will see an increase in revenues
1-12 Month Plan
- Long term lease
- FA Grading requirements and timescales (spectator accommodation, team and official rooms, spectator toilets, turnstiles and safe walkways, pitch perimeter, securing league status, reinvest)
- Improving the walkways to, from and around the facilities. Adding in further ramped areas for the disabled
- Replacing old benches with safe seating in the main stand (seating that we purchased second hand from Barnet FC)
- Buying and installing new toilet facilities for the spectators and disabled gusts, new officials changing rooms, new first aid room for spectators and players
12-60 Month Plan
To create a sustainable community business that will enhance the sporting facilities of Stowmarket.
- Finalise Phase One (officials rooms, spectator toilets, pitch perimeter, turnstile, West Stand, South Stand, committee room, FA Grading additions)
- Phase Two (car park, first building, floodlit 4G, FA Grading additions) and Phase Three (clubhouse, FA Grading additions, 4G main pitch)
- FA Grading checks
This form enables you to contact the Club about any issue or query you may have, be it related to the official website or any other matter involving Stowmarket Town FC, both online and offline.